Position: APJC(India) – Associate Systems Engineer – Sales
Job Category: Full Time – Sales
Job Description: Associate Systems Engineer
Job Description :
Location: Bangalore, India
If you are passionate about leading-edge technology, have strong interpersonal skills, thrive on solving problems, and want to collaborate with highly-talented people globally then apply today for an Associate Systems Engineer (ASE) position at Cisco.
The Cisco Sales Associates Program (CSAP) is one of the most highly-coveted early-in-career development programs designed specifically for top university graduates from around the world who aspire to become the next generation of sales leaders at Cisco. CSAP provides world-class, hands-on educational and experiential training that will develop our Associate Systems Engineers (ASEs) to become successful Systems Engineers in the Cisco Sales Organization.
The ASE role enables you to advance your career rapidly by providing the training and resources needed to become successful in an industry-leading sales organization. During the first three months of the program, ASEs will expand their sales and business acumen, increase their technical knowledge and develop executive presentation skills, as well as learn about Cisco’s architectures, solutions, products, and competitors. ASEs learn using technical case studies, customer simulations, and a blend of instructor-led and self-paced training delivered via Cisco TelePresence®, Cisco WebEx®, and iPad® technologies.
Throughout the next nine months of the program, in parallel with certification studies and virtual learning, ASEs will move into an engineering role where they will get on-the-job experience interacting with customers and partners and will be mentored by Cisco seasoned engineering professionals. They will be assigned to work in the following organization.
Global Virtual Engineering:
- In Global Virtual Engineering, ASEs will support account teams virtually and collaboratively with a variety of SE technical sales activities to give our SEs more customer and partner face time by collaborating on pre-sales activities. They will expand the technical depth and coverage where limited resources currently exist and will increase account team productivity by providing high-quality, timely responses to sales questions and research requests.
After successfully completing the program, ASEs are promoted into a Virtual Systems Engineering (VSE) role within the Cisco sales organization where they can continue to grow in a rewarding career.
A successful ASE will:
- Master the art of communicating complex details in simplistic terms to our customers and partners
- Thrive in a global, fast-paced, and collaborative environment
- Possess a strong attention to detail, able to react creatively but rationally to customer requests
- Become a leader that is able to work under pressure and make decisions with a positive “can-do” attitude
Associate Systems Engineer Job Description, 20120813 2
- Be open minded and passionate about learning new technologies and delivering the best solution to our customers, on time, and as promised
- Continue to focus on personal development and learning throughout his or her career
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (minimum BS/BA)
- Graduated from an accredited university prior to program start date and within 27 months of program start date
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher or equivalent in your academic program
- Electrical/Computer/Networking Engineering, Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics degree preferred
- Must be able to start work on February 2013 or August 2013
- Technical support, pre-sales support, installation, or sales experience in the technology industry preferred
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Must be able to legally live and work India, without visa support or sponsorship (student visas or visas obtained on your own are not applicable for the program)
- Year 1: Associates must be willing to relocate to a CSAP training hub in Bangalore for the 12 months of the program. Cisco will provide relocation assistance.
- Year 2: Associates will be promoted to a Virtual Systems Engineering (VSE) role in Global Virtual Engineering. VSEs must be willing to stay at the CSAP hub location or be relocated to a Global Virtual Engineering hub within their home country for 12 months. Relocation outside CSAP hub location would be based on business need. We cannot confirm final placement destination at time of offer. Cisco will provide relocation assistance.
- Year 3: Employees can apply to open Systems Engineering positions within the company.
Why join Cisco? A career with Cisco Systems can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in one of the most successful sales organizations in the world
- Highly-competitive salary, accelerated career opportunities, and excellent benefits
- Virtual collaboration with classmates from around the world using TelePresence and WebEx
- Access to next-generation technologies
- Training, coaching, and mentoring by experienced Systems Engineers and Account Managers
- Ability to earn industry-leading certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, and CCIE)
- Opportunity to work in a uniquely-diverse and socially-responsible environment
- The chance to work in multi-million dollar territories with high earning potential
- A significant investment by Cisco to your ongoing career development and success
Check All Details & Apply Online Here